CPR Facts

What do you know about CPR and cardiac arrest?

Heart Angels has some facts for you to show how important it is to know what to do...

Made withVisme

If a defibrillator is used and CPR performed within 3-5 minutes of cardiac arrest the survival rate increases from 6% to 74%


80% of out of hospital cardiac arrests occur at home with the other 20% occuring in public


270 children die in the UK every year after a cardiac arrest at school


Without immediate treatment 90% of sudden cardiac arrest victims will die


74% Increase

If a defibrillator is used and CPR performed within 3-5 minutes of cardiac arrest the survival rate increases from 6% to 74%

80% of cardiac arrests

80% of out of hospital cardiac arrests occur at home with the other 20% occuring in public

270 Children

270 children die in the UK every year after a cardiac arrest at school

90% die

Without immediate treatment 90% of sudden cardiac arrest victims will die

100,000 people die each year from cardiac arrest